Position Title Senior Director Sales and Business Development – Manufactured Products - CO #5631
Location Englewood, CO
This position manages sales and business development professionals thriving in a B2B marketplace where design and creativity are key to securing big ticket purchases. The Senior Director (or Vice President (depending on experience) of and Sales and Business Development is responsible for growth strategies to develop new market segments, secure new key accounts, expand geographic penetration, and maintains/grows established accounts.
• Deliver Sales and Gross Margins growth for the unit; Meet (or Exceed) annual objectives;
• Develop and execute 3-5 yr. business growth strategy for all segments; Planning / Execution;
• Sets Sales objectives and enforces performance management via 1:1 coaching, sales work-days and team meetings; Accountability
• Establish management cadence in leading weekly/monthly/quarterly sales forecasting activities to ensure key performance indicators are met. Pipeline management;
• Proactively create customer development plans and strategies for key segments based on market demand / dynamics and sales cycle. For example, some are more strategic business development heavy, while others more transactional, requiring less deployment of resources. Customer centric
• Highly engaged with his/her teams and cultivate relationships with top key customers within the Entertainment solutions arena;
• Establish and maintain relationships either directly or through the team, relationships with key industry influencers, strategic partners and key accounts.
• Represent and evangelize the industry and company at conferences and other events to drive awareness and expand relationships.
• Assesses the market and competitive landscape and institutes changes to respond to relevant market and competitive situations.
• Proactively develop a strong pipeline of talent. Hires, on-boards, coaches, leads and develops a team of high-performance managers / sales reps ensuring discipline and uniform sales execution
• Develops, implements and manages sales tools, sales strategies, incentives and promotional programs.
• Motivates and energizes his/her team.
• Manages a budget (includes Travel and Expenses, meetings etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
10-15 years in leading sales organizations in a fast-paced environment (B2B, manufactured product sales) with a track record of delivering superior performance. Consistent growth results;
Proven leadership skills, change management and communication. Manages a high degree of complexity with the ability to simplify, communicate and expedite results. Leads change;
Strong thought leadership, business acumen, problem solving and negotiation skills. Balanced approach of strategy (planning) and execution (closing); Vision and Delivery.
Proven leadership in managing commercial organizations consisting of both independent sales agents and direct sales/business development associates; Leads managers;
Highly organized executive who creates a customer centric culture built on collaboration, accountability, respect, discipline and service. Goal setting and Performance Management;
Preferred client interface experience with both creative functions within our customer’s organization as well as the C-Suite level; Key Account Management required;
Exceptional communication (oral, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels both internally and externally. Networks cross-functionally;
Global experience desired, not required
Undergraduate degree in business (sales and marketing) or related discipline required;
Master’s Degree preferred (MBA).
Experience with sales within dealing with Architects and/or design highly desired.
Overnight travel required up to 50%
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 10+ years in leading sales organizations in a fast-paced environment (B2B, manufactured product sales).
2. Proven leadership in managing commercial organizations consisting of both independent sales agents and direct sales/business development associates and managers.
3. Experience in manufactured product sales to shopping mall developers, theme parks, QSR’s, or architects.
4. Global experience desired, not required.