Position Title Manufacturing Engineer - KS #5675
Location Olathe Kansas
Summary Apply knowledge of Process/Quality systems and tools to set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery and equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and computer technologies by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures for health, safety, and environmental compliance.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer and engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices, or products or processes.
- Test products or subassemblies for functionality to engineering specifications.
- Maintain part routing information in the ERP system for all parts and assemblies.
- Review and process ECN’s as required.
- Create standard work, inspection checklists, and job aids when available for all process changes.
- Audit and improve processes and product to respective engineering parameters when applicable.
- Develop new fixtures and/or tooling to improve time standards for manufacturing product.
- Maintain warranty and service system processes and procedures, which include scheduling of teardowns and rebuilds, verbal and written communication with the customer and inspection procedures and reports.
- Perform root cause analysis when non-conforming product escapes the plant.
- Perform warranty and service rebuilds, where applicable.
- Collect and analyze data for long range analysis of failures.
- Perform training where applicable.
- Other duties as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Industrial Engineering from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related.
2. 3+ years of experience as a manufacturing engineer working with quality systems and processes to setup, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery.