Position Title Process Technician – Die Casting - MO #5645
Location Mexico, MO
Coordinate, facilitate and participate in process control, continuous improvement and new product launch activities. Works with manufacturing teams and leaders to maintain “best practices” and “best processes” to ensure performance, processes, quality and productivity metrics are met or exceeded. As a team member, participates in the attainment of the work area, department and site goals/objectives.
1. Facilitates and performs process control and continuous improvement activities which include, but not limited to:
• Assisting manufacturing teams in the set-up of new dies, including machine adjustments to achieve the best process – meeting or exceeding quoted cycle times.
• Auditing processes to ensure they are running within limits.
• Troubleshooting die casting processes and tooling to reduce scrap and downtime and lower costs.
• Creating and maintaining computerized set-up sheets, operation drawings, standardized work, and visual aids.
• Handling continuous improvement issues. Identifying and suggesting improvements in tools, equipment, processes and procedures. which result in increased throughput, product quality, improving manufacturing efficiencies and reducing costs. Participating in or leading continuous improvement meetings.
2. Participates in new program launch activities as delegated. Activities includes, but not limited to:
• Working closely with maintenance and plant engineering on the specifications and implementation of all die cast and support equipment.
• Attending quote meetings and working with the sales department to assist in bidding on new jobs.
• Attending die design meetings and working with the project/tooling engineers on new tool designs.
3. Handles Pro-Link systems and Fanuc Robot programming. Maintains Pro-Link systems, passwords and settings to current processes. Monitors and corrects variance from TS procedures, work instructions, set-up instructions, and control plans by performing routine audits. Documents findings and works with appropriate management to resolve system issues.
4. Maintains records, files and other documentation pertinent to modification and adjustments made to programs, processes, tools, etc.
5. Completes all required paperwork accurately and timely.
6. Provides on-going guidance, assistance and training to manufacturing team members. Trains in the areas of Pro-Link, machine adjustments, process troubleshooting and other areas as needed.
7. Assists manufacturing teams in problem identification and problem solving and increasing the level of competence within the teams.
8. Attends required seminars and in-house training. Maintains current knowledge with technology improvements/changes within the industry.
9. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
Education, Certifications and Experience
• High School Diploma
• Completion of training in process control and continuous improvement
• Completion of training in Fanuc Robot programming
• 5+ years experience in high volume die casting operations, including machining, machine adjustments, set-up and process monitoring
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High School Diploma.
2. Completion of training in process control and continuous improvement.
3. Completion of training in Fanuc Robot programming.
4. 5+ years experience in high volume die casting operations, including machining, machine adjustments, set-up and process monitoring.