View all jobs
Materials SupervisorBirmingham, AL
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Maintain and provide current understanding of industry best practices and technology trends.
- Identify tools, processes and metrics to optimize material inventories and accuracies.
- Lead by example and motivate people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Good analytical problem solving ability.
- Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment.
- Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive inventory performance.
- BS degree in business, materials management, other related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- At least 4-7 years progressive experience in management of materials and materials teams within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in total quality, six sigma, or other similar environments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment (SAP preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
- APICS certification a plus.