Position Title Quality Working Group Leader - IL #5697
Location Sparta, IL
Leads, mentors and develops a team engaged in quality control activities in coordination with Launch Engineering and interfaces with site customer quality engineering, product engineering, and manufacturing staff in order to develop and execute the quality control system for new product launches.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
(Listed in order of time-spent or importance) Includes the following, but not limited to:
1. Provides leadership and direction over assigned work group(s), ensuring systems and processes are in place to achieve or exceed key metrics/targets/goals in quality engineering/controls, costs, budgets, safety, and customer service.
2. Works with cross functional technical teams and sales/marketing in the development of quote proposals for new business opportunities.
3. Leads the launch team in the creation of PFMEA’s, Control Plans and other quality documentation for new product launches.
4. Manages all quality events regarding purchased components. Coordinates, reviews and approves all supplier assembly component tooling run-off’s. Approves all quality specifications, APQP documentation and PPAP submissions.
5. Supports launches until a successful “hand-off” is agreed upon with customer quality engineering (typically 90 days after start of production).
6. Supports New Product Review process (NPR) for the launch of new products.
7. Manages working relationships with customers, suppliers and other key external contacts.
8. Maintains high visibility throughout engineering, manufacturing, and sales areas to provide technical expertise, support, coordination and guidance as required.
9. Participates in lean manufacturing initiatives and incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and completion of projects.
10. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a professional and ethical manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisor, customers, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
11. Performs other duties as assigned and participates in ad hoc projects as needed.
12. Provides guidance, sets expectations, clarifies responsibilities, and provides feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals.
13. Builds and maintains teamwork within team and within plant. Resolves conflicts between team members and with other teams. Facilitates in maintaining positive team member relations and morale.
14. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, applicable laws, and Core Operating Values.
QUALIFICATIONS – Education, Certifications, Training, Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of progressive work experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment, and
• 4+ years experience in project management, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience
Preferred: Automotive industry and/or die cast industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (required, unless stated as preferred)
Computer, Technical, mechanical, mathematical and/or scientific skills
• Advanced computer software understanding to design, use, and manipulate reports, word processing, spreadsheet, etc. (e.g. Microsoft Office, SQC Pack).
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of quality control and quality assurance practices & statistical methods.
• Math skills inclusive of statistics, trigonometry, solid geometry and algebra.
• Ability to teach and instruct new quality plans and gauging instructions to the operations and site quality staff.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field.
2. 5+ years of progressive work experience in Quality Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
3. 4+ years experience in project management, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience.