We have an immediate need for an experienced Sales/Territory Manager to join a successful, growing global manufacturer of electronic instruments and devices (over $4B in size, this division is ~$80M).
Regional Sales Manager
Southwest USA; Home Office
Competitive Base Salary, 30% Commission, 401K Match, Full Benefits
We seek a strong sales hunter to find new business opportunities, facilitate
the development of new market strategies and maintain existing accounts (~$10M region). This
is a global, multi-site business, profitable, dynamic group of people and impressive products.
Products manufactured are high quality, and have various applications (utility, power generation,
transmission, distribution). This group is working with custom instrumentation.
This role reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing. In this role you will own your
territory and will do a blend of direct sales, manufacturing rep management, and channel
partnerships. Candidates for this position must be willing to travel up to 20-40% and work out of
his/her home office traveling throughout the SW USA; TX, OK, CO, WY etc.
• Develop strategic customer accounts & cultivate new business opportunities
• Identify new products and market opportunities
• Develop winning strategies for new business pursuits for assigned territories
• Prepare multiyear quote proposals, manage sales/engineering/customer interface, pricing,
negotiations, marketing analysis
• Ensure that the sales channel supports new product development goals of engineering and
growth objectives of the business
• Establish and maintain key customer relations and ties to new development programs
• Support financial reporting including forecasting, budgets, and quarterly reporting
• Bachelor's Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or related field (electrical or mechanical
engineering preferred). Non technical degrees may be considered.
• 5-15+ years direct sales experience; of mechanical or electronic products - knowledge in
the Utility space is strongly preferred (meters, recorders, protection/control, power
• Must have history of developing new accounts and growing sales - hunter mentality is a
• Must be able to travel domestically (20-50%) and occasionally internationally
• Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident