Leading CPG manufacturer requires outstanding Controls Engineer
Provides strategic vision, engineering leadership and support for plant electrical power, controls and networking systems.
Support the execution of the plant’s annual capital plan with emphasis on electrical systems, controls, automation, and plant-floor network projects.
Fulfill the role of site subject matter expert on automation, controls, plant floor network systems and facility electrical systems. Provide capital project leadership and controls expertise for the specification, installation, start-up, and operation of plant equipment. Support maintenance training and advanced troubleshooting of equipment controls and plant floor network systems. Support the execution of the plant’s annual capital plan with emphasis on electrical systems, controls, automation, and plant floor network projects.
Compensation: $85k - $128k + 8%-10% Bonus
Location: near Hartford, CT
Relocation: Lump sum
- Provides power and electrical controls systems and strategies to deliver efficiencies, innovation, and asset life cycle management.
- This individual will drive technical solutions and provide leadership / direction to electrical controls engineers responsible for development and execution of project scope, cost and schedule (from concept to initial production).
- Effective interaction with all levels of management within the Engineering, Supply Chain, R&D, and the business to establish strategic direction and priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the primary codes and safety requirements applicable to controls safety systems, robotics, and power distribution equipment and systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- Years of relevant experience: 4 to 7 years
- Experience with high-speed automation, robotics and VFDs
- Proficient with Allen Bradley SLC 500, ControlLogix PLC, and PanelView Plus programming; Cognex vision systems; and Fanuc and ABB robotics.
- Experience with plant floor network systems (Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet)
- Wonderware Thin Client experience, a plus.