Are you interested in joining a leading international producer of specialty ingredients for the health and nutrition industry? If so, this may be a role for you to consider.
Our client is seeking to hire a Maintenance Engineer for Chicago area facility. The Maintenance Engineer will provide daily technical support to operations and maintenance personnel. This position is the first point of contact for maintenance issues and reliability improvement efforts. Company offers a full range of benefits including health, dental and visionalong with a 401k savings plan. Plant is commutable from downtown Chicago as well as the suburbs and NW Indiana.
- Troubleshooting and solving equipment problems and develop equipment reliability initiatives.
- Developing repair scopes.
- Optimizing preventive maintenance procedures.
- Providing technical support for capital and expense projects.
- Providing support for outages.
- Participating in or leading Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Implement improvement projects
- Responsible for maintaining Safety and Health compliance and conducting PSSR's.
- Resolving maintenance/reliability issues.
- Supporting major unit turnarounds.
- Optimizing the balance between minimizing maintenance costs and maximizing equipment performance.
- Using applicable software to evaluate, document and communicate findings, recommendations and results.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) with a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in the chemical, food processing or related industry.
- Knowledge of various maintenance techniques including Preventive, Predictive, CMMS, RCM and TPM.
- Knowledge of maintaining and monitoring pumps, turbines, compressors, stationary equipment and applicable codes and standards is required.
- Must be able to effectively evaluate equipment performance and trouble-shoot equipment & process problems through the use of critical analytical skills.
- Able to manage budgets for and execute various projects