Our client company is a privately-owned importer, exporter, processor, and distributor of specialty agricultural chemical products derived from natural sources. With more than 160 years in business (est. 1857) the company is recognized worldwide for its stability, long-standing relationships, and expertise in supply chain.
They have developed a new position to work out of the Houston offices with 20 employees and a distribution warehouse, and report to the Director of Business Applications in Philadelphia, PA. Under the direction of the Director, Business Applications you will work with multiple business units to understand their needs and to leverage effective utilization of information technology to manage and profitably grow the business. This is a leadership position but does not have direct reports at this time. You will need to have
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills; the ability to develop working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization which enhances productivity and improves results of IT solution utilization.
- Excellent business and personal judgment developed through previous experience with interactions with people at all levels of the business.
- Ability to research, select, negotiate and leverage partnerships with external vendors and contacts that provide information and/or services to the businesses.
the Sr. Business Systems Analyst at the Houston location (10 minutes from downtown) will work with multiple business units to understand their needs and to leverage effective utilization of information technology to manage and profitably grow the business. You will support 25 employees in Houston plus their warehouse; 3 in Omaha, and 3 in California and report to the Director of Business Applications in the Philadelphia, PA office, so you must be able to work independently and without direct supervision. Experience with MSDynamicsAX required.
Primary Function of Role:
- Analyze new and legacy business requirements and system capabilities to propose, direct development of, and implement improvements.
- Consult with business staff at multiple sites to understand their needs and to leverage effective utilization of ERP, CRM, Reporting, and other key systems and interacting technology.
- Conduct project leadership work in a manner consistent with high quality and respect for deadlines and time commitments.
- Provide on-demand responsiveness required to keep business application solutions operating efficiently.
- Deliver comprehensive on-demand status reporting to the Director, Business Applications.
Principal Responsibilities and Activities:
- Perform duties in concert with Information Technology team at the Houston and Philadelphia locations.
- Consult with the operational departments to develop and maintain an understanding of business requirements and implement applications to enhance financial results by improving purchasing, operational, and sales functions by reducing errors, improving communications systems, and enabling greater efficiency.
- Identify, report, and help solve project issues, conflicts, and problems. Mitigate risks that jeopardize the project deliverables.
- Perform technology project leadership tasks including planning, design, development oversight, status reporting, task scheduling, and business / technical analysis, testing, rollout, training, and project closure.
- Write development specifications that document business and technical requirements that are usable by business management and 3rd party development resources.
- Develop system and user documentation for the purposes of knowledge management and self-service application support.
- Understand the structure of business system databases and work to ensure their integrity and operational efficiency.
- Plan, develop, and maintain management reporting systems including Business Intelligence and SQL reporting platforms.
- Manage interdependencies between projects.
- Attend industry conventions and seminars to learn of new applications and solutions.
- Manage 3rd party vendor relationships related to services utilized.
- Assess need for 3rd party consulting talent on an as-needed basis.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year Bachelor degree in either a Computer Science or Business curriculum.
- Experience with Microsoft DynamicsAX required.
- Formal technical training in business application development or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10 years of professional work experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience with business system user support, and solution development using 3rd party and in-house resources and tools.
- Knowledge of ERP, including CRM, applications: CRM & AX strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Relational database design and SQL experience.
- Data conversion experience related to system migration, upgrade, or other activities.
- Proficiency in MS Office desktop productivity tools.