View all jobs
Business Unit Manager --AutomotiveBowling Green, KY
Experience in an automotive stamping plant is a must-have.
- Oversee activities of production and operating employees under the direction of the Manager.
- Develop short- to mid-term strategies to meet business objectives for Hoshin.
- Execute decisions based on business conditions in congruence with corporate vision.
- Gather and analyze information from work sites to identify root causes in resolving business issues.
- Employ 8-Step Problem Solving to resolve problems for continual improvement.
- Direct and assign work schedules, assignments, tasks, and duties.
- Monitor results and processes to proactively maximize production and eliminate waste.
- Prepare departmental reports and present them to Manager and/or executive management.
- Complete necessary documentation, such as status changes, time-off requests, and performance evaluations.
- Work with Human Resources Manager to identify and interview potential employees for job positions.
- Interpret work orders, specifications, and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Collaborate with other Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, and team members in sharing information to address business needs.
- Assist Manager in developing and implementing standard work instructions.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role within the production department
- Must be willing to cross-train
- Must have proficient oral and written communication skills
- Has experience overseeing between 20+ people.
- Has a strong understanding of planning, scheduling and inventory systems
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working in the automotive industry is strongly preferred preferred
- Experience using stamping equipment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Lean or TPS practices is preferred