Our client is a broad-minded and multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm established in the early 1970's and headquartered in central Ohio. With strategic partnerships across the globe that allow them to offer services to all 50 states, the United Kingdom, Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Canada and Mexico. The provide clients with innovative and sustainable solutions focused on designing and implementing flexible and adaptable facilities and structures. Committed to providing solutions that are energy efficient with minimal impact on our environment. They’re dedicated to providing clients with the ability to achieve most of their project needs through one firm.
- Perform as a senior professional in a lead capacity in planning, preparing and supervising development of detailed design and specifications for major and complex structures, systems and equipment.
- Perform site visits and project walk downs requiring climbing and as-built information gathering. This may require working with surveying equipment and other measuring tools.
- Design foundations for heavy process structures and equipment, dynamic and rotating equipment, along with industrial facility expansions.
- Design structural steel open process structures, pipe racks, modifications to existing facilities, and modular structures.
- Develop civil site plans for modifications to existing facilities with an understanding of storm water management, underground piping design, and in-plant roads / traffic planning.
- Participate in project planning and preparation of budgets and estimates.
- Serve in a technical capacity to provide solutions to complex engineering problems within the Civil / Structural department.
- Participate in preparation and presentation of departmental training.
- Work with client engineers to develop design compatible with client requirements.
- Coordinate within their department and with the project group regarding the job(s) they are supervising. Provide the necessary reporting and project controls methods to keep projects on track.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- 12+ years of relevant experience in structural analysis and design of medium to large size projects in office design, healthcare, schools, higher education, tenant renovations and research facilities.
- Registered Professional Engineer S.E. is preferred
- Extensive knowledge of local and national building codes and design practices
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with Architects, Owners and Contractors to address design and construction issues
- Keep clear records of all design decisions, calculations and project related documentation
- Proficiency in Tekla Structural Designer, Enercalc and TEDDS.
- Ability to work in Revit a plus
- Knowledge of BSD SpecLink-E a plus