The Millwright Journeyman is responsible for providing expert leadership to team regarding installing machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in an industrial environment.
- Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in an industrial environment, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Dismantles machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools, and fastens them to foundation or other structure.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- May repair and lubricate machines and equipment
- Ensures all safety procedures, practices, and regulations are followed before, during, and after all processes to foster a positive safety culture by having a safety-first mindset and approach during execution of activities
- Maintains tools and equipment and conducts process inspection, certification, and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) years experience in related field
- Has extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within related field
- Operational knowledge, certification, and experience with variety of machines and equipment such as hoists, lift trucks, jacks, engine lathe, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize with an emphasis on quality of work
- Demonstrated ability to perform repetitive tasks with focus on quantity and quality
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service and strong communication (both listening and speaking) and interpersonal skills
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Experience demonstrating successful support of a positive safety culture
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation(s)