This is the number 2 in the plant behind the Plant mgr...Sr Level Polished leader needed to handle budgets, capex planning, PMs...They have a solid maintenance mgr in place who is doing great but lacking in professional polish and business skills. This will be a leader, managing the maintenance mgr and engineering dept...Need a numbers guy who will also jump in and assist when needed.
Engineering & Maintenance Manager will Identify, create and execute the strategic direction for all engineering and facilities maintenance of the Company to maximize equipment utilization and efficiency. Oversee the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. Ensures the maintenance team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively and is responsible for the development of equipment to aid in the manufacturing process. Leads and directs the work of the maintenance department, manufacturing engineers and project engineers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Insure maximization of equipment uptime.
• Establish necessary preventive maintenance programs and preoperational daily check list
• Create and maintain annual operating and capital budgets
• Manages and creates the operational direction of the maintenance department
• Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
• Assist in developing plant layout in planning rearrangement of facilities, equipment and operations for better utilization of space.
• Work closely with research and development, quality assurance and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and equipment.
• Ensure all safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
• Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
• Support all current and new product introductions.
• Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications.
• Determine root causes of process problems and diminish occurrences in the manufacturing process.
• Conduct and report return on investment when considering improvement, replacements, repair, or capital purchase.
• Ensure that all manufacturing product specifications are developed and testing procedures are in place before starting up vendors/subcontractors.
• Able to assist in reducing cost through re-engineering product/material.
• Assist in the assessment of vendor/subcontractor evaluation for consideration.
• Project manage contractors and ensure efficiently repair or installation according to budgetary constraints
• Responsible for coordinating training and developing standard operating procedures on new equipment to meet target launch date.
• Conduct OSHA and Safety training for all employees
• Manage external relationships with vendors/subcontractors, Landlord, Fire department, building monitoring service, and local law enforcement. (The relationships listed here should not be considered the only applicable relationships).
• Handle regulatory external reporting: examples, DEP, EPA, OSHA, etc.
• Handle internal report such as uptime, and other Ad Hoc reports.
• All other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• 7-10 years progressive experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
• Management experience required.
• Proven track record of reducing costs through processes and efficiencies
• Experience in equipment design and modifications
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Hands-on, team oriented and committed to business improvement processes
• Process-oriented mentality
• Strong problem solving capabilities
• Strong knowledge in writing product specifications