Position Title CNC Swiss Machinist - NH #5760
Location Seabrook NH
To operate, set-up and edit programs on CNC Swiss Machines to support medical device manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proficient with one or more of the following machines: Citizen Swiss A-20, L-20, M32, M32Y
• Operate and set-up on the machines within the department
• In addition to running machines, the Machinist will periodically inspect parts completed by operators during the production process to monitor for consistent dimensional and visual quality.
• Responsible for continuously monitoring equipment and tooling. In the event of a breakdown or other event that would disrupt the process, the Department Lead will be notified to resolve the problem.
• Follow the instructions on the Process sheet, Drawings and/or Programs.
• Assist others to trouble shoot their work
• Interface/communicate with Quality, Engineering and other team members as needed.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Responsible for assuring that assigned activities are performed in accordance with company procedures.
• Review programs to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
• Observe machines on trial runs or conduct computer simulations to ensure that programs and machinery will function properly and produce items that meet specifications
• Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures
• Adjust machine feed and speed, change cutting tools, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machines malfunction
• Comply with ECO Process to modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation
• Maintain high level of quality of job throughout the manufacturing process
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 5 years related experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to set up and prove out new work, edit programs, and build fixtures
• Ability to coach, train and communicate with department personnel
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints
• Ability to change tools and offsets
• Strong Mechanical and trouble shooting ability
• Strong interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, contributing to a team oriented environment, balancing team and individual responsibilities, and keeping emotions under control. Focus on solving conflict, not blaming.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. 5+ years of CNC Swiss Machining experience.
3. Ability to set up and edit programs for Swiss Style CNC machines.