Position Title Accounting Specialist – Manufacturing - MO #5560
Location Mexico, MO
Performs accounting, financial analysis, budgeting and reporting activities for assigned plant location.
1. Performs monthly general ledger journal entries and financial analysis and reporting in the areas of, costs of goods sold, tooling expense, budgeting, profitability, and others. Reviews general ledger for reasonableness and prepares casual analysis against budget and/or recast.
2. Performs inventory costing and management and production accounting functions.
3. Prepares, maintains, and distributes detailed weekly major program metrics spreadsheets and reports. Attends weekly meetings and assists in explaining performance drivers, key performance metrics and issues.
4. Reviews and analyzes plant financial statements to identify trends, risks, and opportunities to achieve financial targets. Assists plant with operational metrics that are linked to financials.
5. Performs a detailed review of all capital expenditures submitted for approval to determine financial reasonableness. Ensures funds have been identified in the capital plan.
6. Handles the preparation and communication of financials between plant management and corporate management.
7. Handles compliance reporting activities, including taxes, incentive programs, surveys, etc.
8. Monitors and maintains general ledger controls and internal controls to ensure controls are working properly in compliance with established procedures, GAAP and FAS. Maintains general ledger accounts and financial statement formats.
9. Acts as a resource to plant and corporate staff and leadership to assist with questions, problem resolution, and a resource for department information, policies, practices and procedures.
10. Provides assistance to department, and plant management, and completes assigned projects, as requested.
11. Contributes to and supports the existence of a positive work environment through personal involvement by communicating, interacting and behaving in a manner that promotes productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, customers, vendors, and others with whom such relationships are important to the success of company operations.
12. Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS – Education, Certifications, Training, Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree
• 5+ years experience
• Supervisory experience
• CPA designation or in the process of attainment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer, Technical, Mechanical, Mathematical and/or Scientific Skills
• Proficient MS Word and PowerPoint skills and advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations required to complete all principle duties and assigned tasks.
• Working knowledge of accounting/finance and financial reporting, including GAAP, FAS, tax regulations, and statutory requirements.
• Ability to create and interpret complex financial statements and reports.
Communication Skills – Verbal, Written, Training, Presenting, etc.
• Ability to communicate with clarity and accuracy, and in a positive, influential manner. Ability to communicate with all levels employees and management and with external contacts.
• Ability to write effective memos, e-mails, correspondence and documents.
• Strong presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to lead and facilitate effective meetings (obtain buy-in and collaboration) and make effective presentations to all levels of staff and management.
• Ability to mentor and train others.
Problem Solving skills and Decision Making Skills
• Advanced investigative and problem solving skills, demonstrating the ability identify and resolve complex problems that require further detailed investigation and analysis to establish alternative solutions and weigh risks and benefits, and their impact to team members, customers, department and company.
• Ability to translate moderately complex business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
Leadership Skills and/or Project Management Skills
• Ability to build and maintain teamwork within department, plant and between other departments in the company.
• Ability to lead projects. Ability to delegate and empower the people you work with to accomplish the goals of projects without having direct authority over them.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree.
2. 5+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing setting.
3. Supervisory experience preferred.
4. CPA preferred.