Beach Living....Minimal travel.
Offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attendance to Training and Industry Conferences
- Medical plan with prescription, dental, and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
- Company matched 401(k)
- Holidays, vacation, and personal time
The Senior Process Control Engineer is a customer facing position engaged in a variety of activities across multiple industries. The engineer will be expected to be an excellent representative of the company while implementing automated programming and processes that will drive the successful execution of various projects at customer sites.
The Senior Process Control Engineer will be responsible for working with outside customers and vendors to define, develop, engineer and implement projects and scopes of work established in alignment with project goals and objectives. He/she will be focused and possess a high level of technical accuracy and a deep understanding of process knowledge. He/she must have the ability to collaborate with a team that will implement and maintain process controls in a safe, reliable, and economical operation. This successful candidate will assimilate quickly and begin delivering results in an expedient manner. He/she will also develop an awareness of operational history recognizing the value of information sharing and knowledge transfer.
This position will be based out of Wilmington, NC.
- The design and implementation of process control schemes to support existing processes which include process efficiency improvements, optimization, process variability reduction, compliance with environmental and safety requirements and equipment/process reliability.
- Specify control hardware and design control schemes for new process automation projects.
- Key customers include plant operators and supervisors, technical and business groups, and maintenance personnel.
- Train operators and maintenance personnel on new control functions.
- Assist technical groups with process improvement activities.
- Assist in process/maintenance troubleshooting activities.
- Responsible for business continuity of process control systems through documentation and training.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in developing control strategies and control narratives for process improvement and new projects.
- Willing to provide mentoring support to other engineers and technicians.
- Provide technical and maintenance support to existing control system platforms at client facilities. Duties may require supporting an “on-call” rotation for maintenance related support at specific client sites, occurring once every six weeks.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Qualified candidates must have extensive experience with a major current DCS platform (Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV, Rockwell PlantPAx, ABB System 800xA, Yokogowa Centum VP)
- Experience in the coordination and implementation of DCS/PLC upgrades, migrations and/or new installation/startup
- Experience with instrumentation, motor control, regulatory control loop tuning, and advance control processes.
- Proficiency in the hardware and system configuration of DCS/PLC platforms
- Familiarity and experience in control strategies related to Chemical or Pulp & Paper production processes is a plus.
- Experience with loop performance evaluation tools and process data historians (i.e. OSI, Capstone, Aspentech,) is a plus
- Must have strong communication skills.