To provide technical support and product design for the development of AC & DC rotating equipment ensuring the company’s leadership position in the market
The employee will be responsible for:
- Development of electrical simulations that show a path of compliance toward meeting customer performance requirements.
- Presentation of engineering calculations for proof of concept.
- Review of existing products to determine if a customer solution already exists within the business.
- Providing production data and technical support for the quoting and build of rotating machines.
- Leading within a cross-functional environment to define the needs and develop solutions to meet customer requirements within the boundaries of the project.
- Test oversight to ensure that performance is met as defined by the project.
- Report writing as necessary for root cause failure analysis.
- Providing guidance in prototype testing of concept ideas.
- Entering manufacturing and design data as necessary for production build within existing ERP system.
- BSEE with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in product design and providing technical guidance, instruction and sales support in rotating machinery disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of motors, generators and switchgear operation, construction and testing.
- Demonstrated experience with Variable Frequency Drives and motor control panels.
The ideal employee will have, but not limited to, the following developed skills:
- The ability to perform basic through advanced Electrical and Electromagnetic Engineering calculations to solve complex problems involving influences from the electrical, mechanical and thermal engineering disciplines.
- Basic understanding of thermal and fluid dynamics to aid in temperature control of the product.
- Basic Mechanical Engineering understanding to assess strengths and weaknesses of existing and new products.
- Basic Rotor dynamics understanding for the determination of limits of rotating components such as shafts and bearings, including natural frequency and deflection at speed and temperature.
- Knowledge of material sciences to confirm strengths and weaknesses of parts.
- Equivalent circuit methodologies.
- Analytical motor performance calculators, preferably RMxprt.
- 3D CAD Simulation – FEA and/or FVM analysis with ANSYS, Maxwell.
- 3D CAD modelling, preferably SolidWorks.
- 2D CAD detailing, preferably SolidWorks.
- Knowledge and application of FMEA and DFMEA methods.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 application of dimensions and geometric tolerancing.
- Understanding of Enterprise Data Management system processes, preferably SolidWorks EPDM.
- MRP/ERP data entry.