The Quality Engineer supports manufacturing in meeting customer quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write control plans, PFMEA's and all other customer required documents.
- Supervise quality personnel in daily activities pertaining to manufacturing.
- QS 9000 compliance.
- Perform Internal Audit IATF 16949.
- Technical problem solving and writing on 8 D's.
- Employee evaluations.
- Participate in NPIS.
- Product sampling.
- Work on manufacturing lines in order to learn potential product failure modes.
- Visit vendor and customers in the SQA function.
- Participate in the implementations of lean manufacturing.
- Conduct training classes with production and quality personnel.
- Fill in for Quality Manager on an as needed basis.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- On rare or infrequent occasions, the Team Manager may assign a short trip to any one of several staff members.
- B.S. Degree in a technical field, preferred.
- 5-7 years manufacturing experience, required.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Writing, Computer, and Statistical skills.