General Summary: Plans and coordinates manufacturing activities through supervision in assigned area (welding) and provides leadership and motivation to direct reports that focus on safety, quality, efficiency, and cost reduction that exceed the customer’s expectations. Collaborates with other support groups and coordinates manufacturing activities with other departments. Responsible for ensuring all area hoshin goals and objectives including key performance indicator (KPI) targets are met.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and manage all manufacturing activities and related functions for assigned area(s) to meet customer and company requirements.
- Understand and execute all plant policies and procedures.
- Lead development and management of annual plan, budget, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), operating efficiency, and cost control.
- Develop and maintain positive team member relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Provide direction and motivation to group leaders and supervisors focusing on safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, safety and health, and morale.
- Ensure further development of group leaders and supervisors through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, corrective action, and cascade training.