Established, Global Organization, with a Top Notch Reputation!
Great Opportunity to advance!
Established Fort Smith, Arkansas Consumer Products Manufacturer is seeking an experienced (Servant Leader) Human Resources Manager for their Manufacturing Operation.
This position is responsible for the supervision and administration of all Human Resources functions of the plant to include employment, training, communications, compliance, safety and occupational health, labor relations, wage & salary administration, and security.
- Plan, schedule, and supervise all functions within the Human Resources Department
- Assure compliance with company policies, union contract provisions, and government regulations and laws concerning human resources matters
- Interpret instructions, personnel policies, and union contract to subordinates and department heads
- Advise Director of Operations and Division Director, Human Resources of plant requirements where union contract is concerned, and handle or assist in handling company-union labor contract negotiations
- Conduct wage, salary, and benefit surveys to assure competitiveness in the area
- Counsel department managers and supervisors on matters of discipline and conflict resolution
- Conduct employee counseling, as required
- Ensure training programs are in place to address the training needs of plant salaried and hourly employees
- Coordinate programs to address absenteeism and turnover
- Ensure safety programs are in place to minimize injuries and worker’s compensation costs
- Administer policies and procedures relating to all functions under their direction
- Coordinate the salary review plan and certify and approve all salary actions, such as promotions, demotions, re-classifications and merit increases for submission to Plant Manager and Division Human Resources
- Oversee employee benefits administration for hourly and salaried employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Human Resources Manager in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Experience managing all aspects of a human resources function (employee/labor relations, compensation, staffing, benefits, safety, training, communications, discipline, etc.)
- Experience in managing a departmental budget
- Experience in team management and coaching/developing employee performance
- Experience in change management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and innovatively