Interpret product drawings and technical standards in order to develop and implement quality controls and product check methods.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Responsible for product quality conditions.
- Work closely with manufacturing floor side activities.
- Utilize preventative quality techniques to improve product quality, reduce in-line defects, and reduce scrap.
- Develop, review and maintain FMEA’s, Control Plans, and Quality Check Sheets.
- Lead corrective action activities from beginning to end with cross functional groups.
- Complete quantitative reports on quality issues and effectively communicate to management.
- Lead inspection activities with inspectors and technicians.
- Effectively use gauges and measuring equipment (CMM preferred) to verify product.
- Analyze data to assist with Kaizen activities – 1st pass yield, scrap reduction, process improvements, ppm reduction, productivity improvements, capability improvements.
- Create APQP documents and help set up processes for new products
- Perform other duties as assigned in order to ensure achievement of section, department, or company plan
- Ability to interpret product drawings (GD & T) and technical standards.
- Ability to make formal presentations.
- Proficiency in SQL, with Data Analytical Skills, integrating IoT initiatives.
- Good problem solving skills utilizing corrective action disciplines.
- Knowledge of APQP, SPC Charts, FMEA, Control Plans, Check Sheets, Capability Reports.
- Six Sigma Experience is preferred.
- Good understanding of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to work within and lead a team.
- Ability to interpret CMM reports.
- CMM operation and/or programming experience are a plus.
· Minimum Level of Preparation & Training Required
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required with 5 or more years of relevant quality experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or an Associate degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Experience as a Direct Customer Contact with Major OEM’s, interfacing through Customer/Supplier portals particularly a working knowledge of the Toyota Supplier Portal and Systems (highly preferred).