We are looking for a EHS Plant Safety Manager who will ensure our organization is compliant with environmental regulations in areas such as air quality, waste, clean water, and pollution. This candidate will be responsible for all Corporate Safety and Health matters which includes interfacing with OSHA, maintaining compliance to OSHA standards. Responsible for the Corporate Audit Program as it relates to environment, safety, and Industrial Hygiene Sampling Program.
- Issues and revises Corporate Safety and Health Policies & Procedures, including compliance directives to the OSHA Standards, safety expectations and policy and implementation procedures.
- Responsible for the Corporate Audit Program and identification, training and assignment of Audit Team Members for Safety and Environmental Programs.
- Interfaces with Corporate Senior Management and Business Unit Managers concerning plant safety compliance, activities, recommendations and critical support.
- Develop training schedule, update material and provides training for all
- Serves as Corporate Representative for all OSHA inspections, negotiates remediation and settlements.
- Serves as Corporate Representative for all EPA inspections, negotiates remediation and settlements.
- Generate monthly, quarterly, annual air reporting
- Generate TIR I and II reporting
- Responsible for the Industrial Hygiene Sampling Program.
- Responsible for managing the Hazardous Waste Program
- Perform all inspections air, storm water, spill containment programs
- Available to be on-call and respond to emergencies twenty-four-seven
- Writes, updates and maintains Corporate Safety and Health policies and procedures.
- Responsible for keeping Facility Managers updated and current on regulatory requirements (EPA, OSHA Standards, ANSI, Policy & Procedures, etc.).
- Conducts weekly safety meeting with Plant Managers concerning all aspects of the Environment and Safety Programs.
- Schedules and Conducts Safety & Health Audits for plant
- Schedules and Conducts Environmental Audits for plants
- Identifies and trains audit personnel (Loss Prevention personnel, outside contractors, plant personnel).
- Provides written audits with findings which specify deficiencies (noncompliance to OSHA standards or safety standards/policies).
- Reviews and approves plant action plans to ensure compliance in specific deficiencies.
- Trains new plant employees on Safety and Environmental requirements, best practices, policies and responsibilities.
- Conducts the Safety Training for all employees
- Provides Behavior Based Safety Observation Process Training and report employees’ participation.
- Receives, modifies, and approves sampling plans from plants. Identifies resources to conduct sampling. Reviews analytical results of sampling and identifies correct actions.
- Lead the Safety Committee
- Participate in Townhall Meetings
- Support daily GEMBA
- Identify and implement OSHA acceptable celebrations for identified milestones
- Maintain OSHA Logs up to date
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Relates well to all kinds of people, up down and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Drive for Results - constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Decision Quality - Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Problem Solving - Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Process Management - Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Standing Alone - Will stand up and be counted; doesn’t shirk personal responsibility; can be counted on when times are tough; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position; is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
- Minimum of 7+ years of hands on work experience with ensuring compliance with environmental and safety legislation.
- 4-year degree and appropriate safety designations (OSHA 500 & 501 Safety Training, Certified Safety Profession, Industrial Hygiene Sampling Certification).