Position Title Structural Design Engineer
Basic Job Functions:
• Take Care of our Customers
• Assist in division sales and profits by designing safe, accurate, and cost-effective structures.
• Responsible for providing complete, accurate and timely design package in accordance with American Buildings Company guidelines and other governing codes and standards.
• Assist in project meetings, estimating, special projects, as well as research and development as needed by the company or division.
• Actively manage projects through effective communication and documentation with customers and teammates in other departments.
• Demonstrates ability to “value-engineer” projects while communicating with inside and outside customers to achieve cost-effective design solutions and maximize company profitability.
• Willingness and ability to travel to job sites and our service center in La Crosse, VA, sometimes with short notice.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited institution with a focus in structural engineering.
• Successfully passed the FE exam.
• Understanding of current building loads/codes and standard industry practices within the metal buildings industry.
• Ability to properly interpret Architectural and Structural Drawings and develop project scopes when needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.).