We are searching for a Production Planner to work in a diverse position covering the planning, scheduling, releasing and tracking of workflow from the engineering department through the manufacturing/assembly departments. It is a focal point among all departments to effectively communicate and help meet project requirements. The purpose is to provide a means to schedule, track and manage daily departmental workload and provide regular reporting of each department.
Key Departmental Responsibilities:
· Supports the vision of the company
· Implements departmental objectives and goals
· Utilizes the ERP system in support of production processes
· Continuously seeks to reduce costs
· Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner
· Provides experience and direction to employees in a supervisory role
· Provides accurate and efficient flow of manufacturing with documentation and KPI’s
· Assists in monitoring and controlling production costs
· Maintains resources in an organized manner
· Maintains competency in all area work functions and reporting
· Coordinates work activities with all departments to maintain a schedule for on-time delivery
· Provides feedback to estimators regarding lead and build times on RFQs
· Review quotes and jobs for material and capacity availability
· Provides notification to all applicable personnel of scheduling delays affecting on-time delivery
· Tracks and maintains up-to-date status on all open jobs
· Utilizes reports to monitor material status and delivery for current jobs
· Coordinates with procurement and finance personnel to ensure materials and resources are prepared for production
· Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
· Reviews engineering schedules and confirms jobs are on schedule to be released to the shop on-time
· Collaborates with all departments on new projects/schedules
· Hold meetings for production issues, current status and percentage of completion
· Prepares production and capacity reports to support critical decision making and staffing needs
· Reports On-Time Delivery and other statistics to the management team
· Manages resource needs to maintain/improve departmental efficiency, productivity and quality
· Supervisory responsibilities may be assigned
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
5‐10 years’ experience scheduling in a manufacturing environment,
· Strong computer skills to include experience with SAP.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and scheduling.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.