The Production Supervisor position directs and supervises shift production operations with overall responsibilities for safety, quality, delivery, and cost to meet designated production schedules.
In a fast-paced environment like production, the supervisor is an integral part of the manufacturing process. They must be competent and comprehend complex operations. You should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing costs.
- Manages the safety, quality, delivery, and cost of an assigned area.
- Trains and manages production employees on the assigned shift.
- Oversees the daily workflow and assignments of the production shift.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Direct and supervise shift production operations to meet safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Ensure company and plant safety procedures are followed and enforced.
- Coordinate activities through labor and resource planning to ensure objectives are accomplished in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Operates assigned areas with a sense of urgency to meet company objectives timely.
- Implement planning and control methods to minimize shift labor and overtime expense.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Provide leadership and training to shift employees as required to accomplish the production shift goals and objectives.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by educating and directing personnel on shop floor organization and facility cleanliness.
- Planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Responsible for reporting of shift operating metrics
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws
- Conducts regular meetings with employees to review shift and personal performance
- Participates in plant and other meetings
- Responsible for various functions such as assisting in taking periodic physical inventory.
- Constant surveillance of assigned area(s) to ensure on-time delivery schedules.
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional in manual assembly/production with 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing demands.
- Must have strong communication and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience in manual assembly/production required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.