Our client is a premier Long Island based public accounting firm serving businesses and individuals in the areas of tax, assurance, accounting, business consulting, and forensic accounting. They are currently expanding their audit practice to meet the growing needs of their firm and are looking for an experienced senior accounting/auditor.
Client offers a competitive salary based on experience, plus a comprehensive benefits package
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience and will be responsible for planning and completing engagements, supervising staff, interacting with clients and preparing audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries.
- Perform audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries
- Planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Handle general senior accountant work including preparation and analysis of financial statements, internal controls, month-end close, general ledgers and balance sheets.
- Experience in researching as it relates to accounting and audit issues
- Interact with clients and be able to develop and maintain relationships
- Communicate effectively with Partner and/or Manager on work status
- Review of team's workflow and monitor assigned tasks
- Supervise, train and mentor audit staff
- Prepare tax returns (individual, corporate and partnership) for various industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA license or active CPA candidate
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Must have the ability to take charge of an audit and run with it with limited oversight
- Understanding of accounting and reporting standards
- Strong audit skills with proficiency in US GAAP, US GAAS
- Ability to work in a team environment, supervise staff and lead projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Proficient with computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite, CCH Access and QuickBooks