DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and coordinates activities of material handlers on the shop floor.
- Analyzes material flow and needs from production required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Determines optimal storage configuration and reorganizes as necessary.
- Monitors and is responsible for all required safety checks and reporting as well as reporting PM identified issues on all powered industrial trucks, carts, etc.
- Directs movement of materials from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Supervises trains, evaluates, and positively motivates all material handling personnel.
- Champion for material storage, organization, material flow continuous improvement, equipment and SAP issues related to material handling and scanning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED required; BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing or other related field preferred.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a supervisor.
- 5 years’ experience in materials movement in a manufacturing environment.