Position Title Project Superintendent – Industrial Design Build Construction – GA #5861
Location Kennesaw, GA
Currently seeking a dynamic Project Superintendent who can provide reliable, timely day-to-day oversight of construction activities. The position entails working with participants at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will require the independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload.
• Provides on-site, day-to-day oversight and leadership of construction activities. Coordinate the activities of sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Demonstrates a proactive focus on meeting Client and project requirements in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
• Able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
• Monitors project workforce for compliance with safety requirements.
• Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential risk surrounding project, project logistical and schedule issues.
• Interact and negotiate with contractors and subcontractors.
• Assists in the preparation and update project status reports, process invoices, update tracking reports, and maintain files for due diligence.
• Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path. Provides weekly schedule updates as well as 3-week look-ahead schedules to ensure the overall project delivery date is delivered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Understands OSHA requirements for jobsite safety and works will all team members to deliver a safe project.
• Ability to maintain a clean and orderly construction site and temporary construction jobsite office.
• Ability to plan and execute as necessary to get the job done.
• Ability to effectively communicate with the entire team to deliver the desired results.
• Ability to prepare and track schedules.
• Understanding of technical requirements for construction projects.
• Ability to read construction drawings a must.
• Able to adapt and prioritize meeting deadlines in a team or an independent environment.
• Ability to accurately complete necessary paperwork required such as daily reports, OSHA logs, notifications etc.
• Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with Client representatives as well as Building Officials.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to successfully communicate with engineers, architects, contractors, client’s representatives, and team members.
• Flexibility with work hours as necessary.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Understands means and methods of construction associated with the construction and/or renovation of commercial and institutional buildings.
• Has a working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical and electrical work.
• Understands the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
• Understands how to effectively staff self-performed work activities to achieve levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms.
• Has the ability to understand the function and purpose of the final product. Uses the knowledge to challenge the appropriateness of the work in progress.
• Understands contemporary software applications associated with managing and controlling workflow.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience as a Project Superintendent for large industrial project types.
3. Stable work history.
4. OSHA 10 or 30 Hour and NPDES Certifications preferred.