Growing company in a beautiful part of CO -- northwestern suburb of Denver, CO...
Director, Sales Excellence CO
***Seeking someone with Salesforce.com experience, knowledge of building material plumbing and has supported Sales Operations and Customer Service.***
The Director of Sales Excellence is a critical role that will drive strategy and growth through effective change management, sales leadership and operational excellence across the organization. This position will lead and support Sales Operations and Customer Relations teams. This individual will be accountable for developing strategic business insight that will increase business opportunities and sales revenue. This position requires a high level of efficiency and knowledgeable background in sales operations program design and execution strategies. This role is accountable for producing impactful results by developing and supporting global business planning and strategy, sales projections, influence in key markets as well as internal and external sales processes. This individual will be a key leader in establishing a vision for the sales excellence team, coaching daily operations and collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive initiatives that result in achievement of global standards.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Adoption of effective sales productivity models and initiatives that will drive growth, customer/partner experience satisfaction and profitable Cost of Sale models anchored by strategic investment decisions.
- Leveraging customer insight to improve decision-making.
- Transition to Cost of Sale and profitability model for the organization with minimal negative consequences.
- Refining and streamlining existing sales practices and process to drive high value sales time and effectiveness.
- A greater focus on accountability for creating and maintaining sales force productivity.
- Provide expertise and coaching to sales force on relationship management, opportunity management, and business management processes.
- Effective account planning process framework and tools using the CRM platform for all transactions.
- Ensures that Solution Selling is well understood and applied consistently throughout the sales organization.
- Integrate measures and reports in the rhythm of the business that enforce great discipline in our sales processes.
- Review core systems and provide tools requirements for usefulness and acceptance.
- Introduce or formulate sales incentive strategies that promote strategic goal achievement.
- Identify the levers and metrics that will best track and accelerate progress toward goal achievement.
- Define the process and build the three-year strategic business plan.
- Develop and manage annual budgeting process for upcoming year.
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities down to team and individual level that align to EPG business priorities.
- Administer and manage the quota setting and compensation implementation processes.
- Introduce and implement effective strategic change management methods for programs and initiatives.
- Drive customer & Partner segmentation process and implementation.
- Ensure role taxonomy is correct to match job assignments and compensation plans.
- Develop and drive a communications strategy for Sales Team.
- Produce business intelligence that provides valuable insights for effective strategic decisions.
- Provide a disciplined Cost of Sale framework that enables the business to make appropriate strategic investment decisions.
- Drive alignment between our services, sales and marketing organizations.
- Assist sales force to develop their approach to account standardization with their customers.
- Manages, selects, trains, motivates, reviews, coaches, develops and retains a high performing team.
- Conducts timely and accurate employee performance evaluations; addresses performance issues.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and intra-departmental communications; maintains managerial relationships.
- Mentor, Coach and Manage the Customer Relations team.
- Motivates staff to improve sales and provides training and development opportunities as needed.
- Ensure compliance in Health, Environment & Safety/Quality in all areas of operations.
- Develops organizational strategies, analysis, and recommendations for customer service and inside sales departments; ensures objectives align with organizational objectives; continually evaluates processes to determine areas of improvement.
- Regularly schedules meetings with Industrial Segment sales team, via conference calls or in person, to discuss goals, strategies, and objectives; defines and manages monthly and annual sales objectives.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training sessions, webinars, educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Offers and supports training for Industrial Segment team, facility engineers, plant managers, distributors, code officials, educators, wholesalers, contractors, customers, etc; promotes and provides virtual and on-site training as needed or requested.
Budget & Reporting
- Administers Cost Center budget, including review of previous year’s budget/expenses and forecasting short and long-range budgeting needs; communicates and manages Cost Center budget; authorizes expense reports; approves and manages expenditures; ensures expenditures are in alignment with approved budget.
- Prepares various monthly reports on quarterly and annual goals and objectives, highlights and challenges.
- Attends meetings as required and/or assigned
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
- Will be required to travel up to 40% of the time
- Complies with the safety rules and guidelines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop, manage, enable and execute a professional sales team
- Ability to build and implement innovative sales go-to-market plans and programs from the ground up
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com CRM platform is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Knowledge of advanced sales techniques and practices
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and team leadership skills
- Outstanding project management, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to think and work strategically , independently and make informed decisions
- Capable of managing project budgets, schedules, scope, quality and risks
- Proven ability to plan and implement business solutions
- Ability to estimate projects and develop corresponding timelines
- Capability to perform with superior service, reflecting a positive company image while sustaining a positive attitude with those you interact with; always going above and beyond to help others out, regardless of their position or department
- Ability to adhere to the highest standards of quality while continually performing at the highest possible level
- Ability to interpret feedback and constructively apply it to content
- Foster an environment of growth and development with company colleagues
- Embrace the Viega Values and have the ability to embed them into daily work
- Achieve goals
- Be empowered
- Show respect
- Assume responsibility
- Build trust
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
- 5 -7 years sales management experience
- Sales operations program design experience required
- Working knowledge of salesforce.com CRM platform is strongly preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.