Automotive manufacturing in east central Illinois. Immediate Need. Degree is not required.
The Senior Tooling Engineer reviews design of products, tooling and equipment for the production processes and develops specifications for the redesign, repair or replacement of production equipment and tooling.
This position will coordinate activities concerned with technical development, scheduling and resolving engineering design and problems. It will conduct tests on new tooling and record results. Coordinate with engineering to establish a schedule and task list to fulfill Kaizen project expectations. Assist in die design and develop stamping dies and other tooling.
- Conduct and or attend daily meetings as required. Establish and maintain effective lines of communication and feedback with all sections, departments, and shifts.
- Aggressively promote ISO 9001 compliance, kaizen and continuous improvement ideas and implementation.
- Work with Manufacturing to reduce downtime and scrap from all operations.
- Meet with employees in the Stamping and Welding Departments and Tool and Die and General Maintenance as needed to discuss work related problems.
- BS Engineering or related technical field, or Technical degree in Machine tool desired but not required
- 5-7 years in manufacturing – and supervision experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD or similar CAD system. CATIA experience a plus. Prefer computer experience in MS Word, and MS Excel
- Ability to trouble shoot material and equipment problems