- Directs and coordinates activities of molding department in manufacturing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Reviews production orders or schedules to plan department operations based on product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates.
- Plans production operations by establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products. Connects shift meetings with staff.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Assures machines and equipment meet specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Evaluate tooling issues with the tool room manager and prioritize repairs.
- Develops or revises standard operating procedures and working practices and assures workers are in compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Division Manager and then Human Resources Director for further investigation and best known solution.
- Coordinate with shift supervisors completion of performance reviews for all molding department employees.
- Attend various types of manufacturing and/or customer meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 - 7 years experience in related field.
- Plastics and product background.
- Management Interaction training/education/experience.
- SPC training.