This multi-faceted, highly visible, customer focused position is a dynamic opportunity to work with a growing manufacturing company with plant locations throughout the world. The organization is a full-service supplier of specialized injection molded components and assemblies for the medical, optics and electronics industries.
This position offers a competitive compensation package, robust health insurance and a career path to future professional growth opportunities.
The Process Engineer manages the processing of new assets to produce products that meet customer specifications. Manages all processing activities once the asset is delivered and to ensure customer specifications are met. Also, responsible to assist with initial mold trials at vendor.
Develop new processes, FAT/SAT protocols, process optimization, scientific molding processes, assess and document new and existing processes. Implement and evaluate changes to existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency. Develop IQ/OQ protocols, DOE, design measurement fixtures, analyze Gauge R&R studies, work instruction development, PQ protocols, execution, and reports
Provide technical leadership and mentorship to process technicians, operators, and other molding personnel.
Develop and maintain process documentation ensuring that processes and procedures are clearly stated and understandable for all employees. Provide technical support/solutions to manufacturing processes, improve yield and throughput, drive cost reduction activities and improve on part quality.
Demonstrated ability to start-up, operate and shut down process related equipment. Must be able to work independently on new process development as well as troubleshooting current production issues.
Work with equipment and material vendors to resolve machine and material issues.
Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycles, process capability and tooling history.
Interact with customers to resolve issues and provide new project updates.
Implement technical solutions including statistical methodology to meet customer cost, quality, and delivery expectations.
Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
- B.S. degree in Plastics, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of practical work experience in an Injection Molding Operation.
- Strong and diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing, and quality.
- Self-starter must be able to work with little direction and with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to manage multiple start-up projects.
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options.
- Ability to lead others, responsibility may include indirect supervision of process technicians.