Actively Hiring! Must be eligible for hire in US, and willing to work Pacific Coast hours.
Working from home, and don't ever want to go back into an office?
Our client is ready to hire an enthusiastic, driven, and capable Back-End Engineer with a desire to push the state of the art. In this role you will contribute to applications and systems that transform the way call centers do business. Our ideal candidates have spent several years architecting, implementing, and deploying robust services and applications with an emphasis on data.
- Develop robust and interactive web applications that allow users to understand voice and text data at a glance, surface effective options, and choose relevant, impactful advice for their teams
- Work together with Full-Stack and Back-End engineers to define flexible, performant APIs and data models
- Optimize front-end build / development toolchain
- Create re-usable application platform assets such as component and style libraries, permission abstraction layers, and logging strategies
- Collaborate with Product Management to capture customer feedback, estimate effort, prototype MVPs, and prioritize features
- 5+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience building interfaces for data labeling/annotation for training Machine Learning models (NICE TO HAVE)
- Recent experience with common server-side languages: Ruby, Python, JS/Node, Elixir, Go, or similar
- Understanding of HTTP request lifecycle
- Strong command of HTML, CSS3, and SVG
- A BS/MS in computer science or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to communicate ideas to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Previous work in a Scrum/Agile-based team
- Prior experience in a SaaS startup
- Familiarity with functional/declarative programming