Directs a department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers that supports manufacturing operations in the production departments at the plant. Primary responsibilities include critical project management, resource allocation, technical and strategic information management, and people development. Additional responsibilities include developing objectives to assure all plant equipment is monitored and maintained as necessary to assure maximum efficiency and dependability while developing recommendations for improvements, replacements, and alterations to equipment and/or operations.
- Lead, direct, and supervise a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, and deploy solutions to technical problems.
- Steer the strategic decision-making around future technology selection and best practice sharing.
- Analyze and allocate resources: balance project priority and business demand and aligns necessary resources to accomplish assignments, projects and continuous improvements.
- Coordinate activities with other units or organizations to develop strategy and strategic plans to achieve world-class performance (Dan-Totsu) for manufacturing.
- Project management: make detailed plans to accomplish business objectives.
- Set and manage budgets for capital, expense, and cost improvement activities.
- Define and develop necessary project specifications.
- Develop people: recruit, hire, train, and mentor engineers and supporting staff.
- Write performance reviews and calibrate feedback for people development, growth and improvement.
- Plant support through maintenance, troubleshooting, energy, MRO, disaster prevention, and manufacturing engineering technologies.
- Review, approve, and/or modify designs and manage introduction of new technologies.
- Develop overall concepts and specifications for new manufacturing equipment.
- Verify changes, designs, and projects are compliant with National and Local Codes (Safety, Building, Fire, and Electrical).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 10+ years of progressive engineering experience within manufacturing and/ or corporate environments including experience leading teams and projects of significant impact
- SAP experience
- Master’s Degree (MBA or MS)
- Plant Engineering or Maintenance Management experience
- Exposure to international manufacturing environments and projects
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Certification
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- 5 years Project Management experience and/or Project Management Certificate (PMP)
- Functional Safety Engineer Certificate (TUV)
- Working knowledge of PLC programming and SQL