The company has a great career development program. For a solid candidate this will lead to broader management level roles. They have done a significant amount change to accommodate off-shift staff from a continuous days off perspective.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and supervises hourly plant employees. The position may work closely with all plant staff, human resources, accounting, planning, logistics, sales, equipment/supply vendors, contractors, or auditors.
- ?Supervise and monitor the daily operations to meet production and customers’ needs, including scheduling, materials, and staging of fruit. Approve and ensure adherence to production schedules. Supervise hourly employees’ performance related to hourly throughputs and quality and process checks, and coordinates their schedules, time approval, and vacation planning to ensure proper coverage.
- Measure plant production efficiencies and provide communication to supervisors and employees regarding plant performance. Prepare paperwork and review daily, weekly and monthly production and financial reports that focus on customer complaints, yield, labor, and throughputs.
- Provide leadership and supervision of plant hourly employees. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Maintain (GMP, SQF, SOP, SSOP, OSHA, State Department of Agriculture, USDA, and state/federal regulations) compliance in auditable areas including, but not limited to: food safety audits, GMP audits, plant inspections, LOTO audits, and sanitation audits.
- Document Control: Develop and implement SOP’s and SSOP’s relevant to the area of responsibility. Ensure appropriate documents are stored and approved within the Intelex system. Ensure appropriate personnel are adequately trained to all relevant approved documents.
- cGMP’s: Ensure compliance to, and enforcement of all company policies and procedures concerning cGMP’s, food safety and all appropriate pre-requisite programs.
- Participate in routine meetings, which may include production meetings, safety, training and development, etc.
- Identify and implement capital, continuous improvement, and cost containment projects. Ensure that waste and production costs are minimized.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
- Position assigned Sanitation responsibilities: Ensure the execution of all cleaning and sanitation activities comply to corporate and plant policies and procedures.
- Manage raw fruit to achieve optimal throughputs in blending with apple pressures, decay, stem bowl crack, stickers, fruit varieties, and apple sizes.
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Understanding of associated processing and maintenance equipment and engineering.
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Principles and practices of inventory planning, production scheduling, production metrics, and production system variables, balancing, and optimizing.
- Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Effectively manage and lead multiple projects with multidisciplinary teams toward a shared goal.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in performance management and development process.
?EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- ?A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of food processing experience.
- Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred.
- First Aid/CPR and Forklift trainings are preferred.
- SQF, Ammonia Fit, Food Safety, Sensory Evaluation, and/or HACCP training and certification are preferred.