Very well established, stable company. Great culture.
The majority of our products are mechanical in nature thus this position requires solid mechanical aptitude. This position reports to the Quality Control Manager and entails the following duties:
- Collect and analyze quality data, identify problem areas, recommend solutions and coordinate / facilitate corrective action to control costs and achieve established quality objectives for external failures, scrap, problem orders and related performance measures.
- Maintain required quality records and documentation to verify that all quality and manufacturing systems and processes meet or exceed industry standards and/or customer specifications.
- Interact with all internal departments as well as customers and vendors to identify and resolve quality issues in a timely, cost effective and productive manner.
- Analyzes and recommends methods for reducing manufacturing errors, scrap and rework.
- Investigate Product Complaints and implement corrective actions.
- Assist production with Root Cause Analysis with regard to Corrective Actions.
- Prepare first article reports.
- Assist quality department as needed.
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) and electronics assembly experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering – prefer Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Engineering.
- Leadership and communication skills to effectively lead and facilitate.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills that require little supervision.
- Analytical, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Preferred ASQ Certified Mechanical Inspector
- Background in GD&T
- Solidworks or Polyworks software experience a plus
- Defect analysis and statistically process controls