This position will be responsible for developing and tracking new projects from initial development through SOP. This would include the following areas - Equipment, Tooling and Building Construction development, timing, and budget. This position will lead cross functional teams and be responsible for holding meetings, updating upper management on progress and issues. This position will be required to develop and utilize detailed schedules to ensure on time and successful implementation of the project. Being able to lead other team members and being a self-starter are key characteristics for this position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Defining a clear scope for the project and ensure that the required team members are in place
- Development of quote packages and specifications to ensure a detailed response from the supplier that matches the requirement for the project. Detailed analysis and review making sure the quotation covers the entire scope of the project.
- Developing and tracking budgets for each project
- Development of the overall detailed project schedule and weekly updates
- Development and updating of weekly detailed reports for each project to show status and issues to upper management.
- Working with the internal Legal department to make sure contracts are put into place with suppliers and contractors
- Working closely with plant management to improve the processing or layouts of a project that improves quality and through put of a process.
- Working closely with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely completion and reporting of projects and resolving any issues that may arise
- Updating documents for report out in continuous improvement (Obeya) rooms
Successful candidates for the Program Manager role should have a strong working knowledge of managing multiple projects. Someone with ability to work in a team environment, lead meetings, and meet tight schedules.
BS Mechanical Engineer ideal, might consider other emngineering degrees. Automoitve industry experience is VERY recent assignments. Metal-working , welding assembly exp is ideal, might consider other automotive program mgt experience. Minimun 5 years. Client looks for stability in background.