Located near desirable Tupelo, MS! Beautiful location, plenty of family activities, good eats, good music, caring community. Also close to Oxford, MS and Memphis, TN for additional entertainment options! This company offers a full benfits package, 401K, and is family oriented!
- The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support for all aspects of production from design release forward.
- Will be accountable for engineering activities in the area of injection and blow molding, drilling operations, heat staking, welding and assembly, in order to obtain optimum productivity and quality levels while complying with customer specifications.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Responsible for assigned manufacturing processes. Through input from the customer, plant staff, and production employees the Manufacturing Engineer will review process controls, emphasize continuous improvement through Lean Manufacturing methodology and Kaizen activities, participate in the development of cell layouts, set up reduction (SMED), lead time reduction, improve productivity through waste reduction.
- Will be responsible for achieving product target cost, improved efficiency, identifying possible production problems for existing products within their scope of accountability. will be involved with helping to determine project capital needs, launch strategies, project timing, process flows, labor and machine standards as well as proposed plans for changes to the process, equipment, molds, and tooling to ensure reliability and compatibility.
- Support and maintain project time line
- Participate in identifying open items issues
- Review mold and secondary fixture design and make recommendations
- Develop workflow, effective layout and optimize processes
- Evaluate and implement process/product improvements
- Work with the team to develop tooling and poka yoke methods
- Assist with training of both technical and production in processing standards
- Develops short and long term strategy to support customer requirements
Full description avaible upon reqest.
- Bachelor’s degree - technical required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Product launch exposure a plus.
- Injection Molding experience required, blow molding a plus.