Responsible for supervising and coordinating purchasing, shipping, customer service activities and for maintaining material requirements needed to support daily operations, in process and finished goods inventory levels to maximize inventory turns and customer service. Need Tier 1 automotive plant experience.
- Research and purchase a variety of raw materials, inserts, packaging materials, office supplies and other related factory supplies and equipment, to maximize inventory turns and customer service.
- Obtain and negotiate prices, discounts and terms; place orders; review receipts, requisitions, invoices, purchase orders and handle correspondences.
- Work from purchasing and vendor reports and other information to develop primary and secondary sources; update records affecting price, availability, delivery and the like.
- Initiates purchase requisitions, obtain approval, expedite the order for firm delivery date, maintain the necessary record, verify and submit bill and invoice to the accountant for payment.
- Expedite orders for firm delivery dates; maintain necessary records and reports; type purchase orders and logs.
- Locate and investigate potential sources; maintain favorable relations. Check vendor performance as to quality, price contracts, delivery and other factors; make recommendations for alternate sources; obtain approval for new vendors and new pricing.
- Inventory office and factory supplies and place orders for replenishment; maintain office supply order system.
- Responsible for Standard Cost and Inventory forms and reports.
- Arrange for repair and servicing of office equipment.
- Supervise and coordinate shipping and customer service activities
- Observe all environmental, safety and health rules prescribed by the company; wear safety equipment as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR CREDENTIALS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in purchasing/materials management preferred
- Ability to negotiate pricing and terms with major purchases including raw materials
- Strong computer skills required
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Order and manage raw materials
- Oversee/participate in customer service
- Manage shipping
- Be a strong participant in a team environment
- Lead a department of 4 people