As Maintenance Manager, you will lead the Plant Maintenance group and manage service operations:
- Allocate labor to execute schedule jobs and dispatch for emergency requests.
- Confirm with Production that plant is available, and isolations will be ready.
- Confirm all materials and resources are available when required.
- Follow-up to ensure work is complete and correct.
- Build the maintenance team to ensure required skills and disciplines to maintain assets.
This position reports to the Director of Engineering – with dotted line accountability to the Plant Manager.
Your primary duties will be to …
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all maintenance activities.
- Supervise PLC / Maintenance Technicians.
- Complete projects and making improvements within the time frame and parameters of the budget.
- Develop work plans for maintenance (PM, PdM and Corrective work), providing the necessary information to enable the efficient scheduling, assigning and execution of maintenance work.
- Perform purchasing duties, as required, ensuring adherence to purchasing policies.
- Stage materials, as required.
- Evaluate job feedback and make recommendations to improve future planned work.
- Assist with budget preparation and tracking of expenditures.
Education: Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent (GED / HSE)
Preferred: AS or higher in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required
- Experience in the engineering maintenance field, including experience in a high-speed processing facility.
- Experience applying maintenance principles, practices, concepts, and options, related to maintenance planning, scheduling, coordination and optimization.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Project) and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and carry out work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various levels of staff on technical issues.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement in dealing with technical matters.
- Experience in Food Manufacturing and design/build project management.
- Experience in driving continuous improvement, tracking documented results in achieving to both product and process cost reductions.