Our client is a multi-location, global consumer products company that is technology driven. The Company has had rapid revenue growth as a result of increasing sales and acquisitions.
The culture is entrepreneurial, aggressive and seeks professionals looking for an opportunity to accelerate their career trajectory.
The role will be performed remotely until at the least the summer. The office remains open for necessary Company activities. A candidate ithat lives in the Boston area is strongly preferred.
Senior Manager of Cost & Inventory
The Senior Manager of Cost & Inventory is responsible for all finance functions, including duties associated with the monthly financial close, maintaining a strong internal control environment, maintaining accuracy of the physical inventory and providing insight of inventory and COGS. This position requires excellent analytical skills, experience in cost accounting and inventory management and the ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ensure the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of month end close activities for inventory, and related inventory reserves and COGS, including journal entries, account reconciliations and roll-forwards in accordance with reporting deadlines.
• Manage COGS functions, including inventory transactions, gross margin analytics and variances.
• Provide management effective understanding and analysis of inventory and COGS actual results, budget development and variance reporting. • Act as main point of contact for all stores with regards to discrepancies in inventory and any adjustments required.
• Coordinate global midyear and annual physical inventory with Retail Operations, Distribution Center Inventory Control and Information Technology.
• Continuous research on new ways to improve the receipt and disbursement of merchandise in each retail location and the distribution center. • Analyze inventory in-transit from factory to distribution center to retail store, and investigate shipping delays.
• Monitor all inventory movement types at the distribution center and retail stores.
• Maintain communication with stores as it relates to Inventory Control.
• Ensure practices are in place to prepare and maintain schedules and supporting documentation needed for management, internal and external reporting, external auditors, and SOX requirements.
• Support International locations to ensure consistent practices.
• Establish clear business and financial goals for self and group.
• Ability to drive process improvements and develop systematic processes.
Senior Manager of Cost & Inventory
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
• Master's Degree or CPA preferred.
• 8-10 years of experience in inventory accounting and control in a consumer products, wholesale and/or e commerce business environment.
• Experience in working with an inventory/ERP database and technology experience.
• Excellent computer system, PC skills.
• Knowledge of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
• Ability to analyze, solve problems, and adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
• Ability to work collaboratively with all departments.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface comfortably at all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to nurture and work in fast paced, team oriented environment; strong emphasis on team building through training, coaching and mentoring.
• Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks