The Garage Door Apprentice is responsible for assisting and learning the installation of residential and custom garage doors. We are looking for driven and self-motivated individuals seeking a trade they can grow into a career. The right candidate will be mechanically and technically inclined and possesses the interpersonal skills to thrive in this customer service focused position.
The focus of this job is having a poised and engaging, empathetic communication style. Natural warmth and enthusiasm are the keys to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals are essential. The job requires a high degree of “selling”, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast-paced and results-oriented. A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage, and positively impact individuals and groups is essential.
Requirements for the Garage Door Apprentice:
Duties and Responsibilities for the Garage Door Apprentice:
- Great Attitude
- Mechanical aptitude, including skill in using a variety of hand and power tools, accurately reading a tape measure, and interpreting equipment manuals
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and high-quality standards
- Ability to learn new software and be comfortable working on a tablet
- Physically able to move items weighing 80-150 lbs. and the ability to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
- Report to the training manager daily for tasks
- Report to Senior Technician for field training
- Learn the A1 procedures and policies
- Familiarize yourself with A1 software and tech.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Learn to inspect job sites both pre and post-install