The role of a Project Manager includes the support and development of suppliers, the coordination of engineers, and technicians who work on location with our customer. They routinely coordinate and organize different projects in the automotive industry in the quality management department.
They are the first contact if there are any problems and the interface between our company and internal and external customers. The Project Manager must have profound technical knowledge in the field of quality which gives them the opportunity to find effective solutions for all kinds of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coordination, organization and implementation of quality improvement projects in support of the OEM automotive client.
- Must have experience with Project Calculation, Project Controlling, Project Planning and Implementation of action plans.
- Lead project meetings with your colleagues and customers.
- Responsible for project team setup containments of automotive parts, ensuring that only approved components will be sent to the OEM customer for vehicle assembly.
- Maintains open communications between adjoining shift supervision to insure smooth transition of operation from shift to shift. Communicates with support departments as needed.
- Conduct Pre-Shift Meetings.
- Problem solving in support of issue resolution (entire process).
- Coaching sessions for tactical, day-to-day observations and behavior modification.
- Conflict resolution.
- Insure delivery and understanding all required training and communication for team members
- Ensures completion of all forms, paperwork and time-sheet records on a timely basis.
- Responsible for the implementation of and adherence to the customer safety program for their respective shift.
- This position is responsible for leadership and direction of your team to include timing, discipline, safety, training, work schedules, assignments and positive moral.
- Hands-on project experience in automotive service industry fields of Quality, Re-work and Retrofit.
- Decision-making authority, good organizational skills, self-initiative, negotiating skills, ability to work in a team, high flexibility and readiness to travel.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Experience with suppliers and customers in the automotive industry.
- Good written and oral communication skills to communicate with the client and all levels of your organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university in Engineering or related field; or three to five years’ experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.