Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Are you or someone you know looking to relocate back to the Pittsburgh, PA area? Do you have public accounting experience and looking to advance in a professional services arena (NON PUBLIC). This may be your opportunity.
The company is a Pittsburgh, PA litigation support and forensic accounting firm. The team includes an elite team of financial and economic experts who aid attorneys, banks, and corporations nationwide in solving complex financial and legal problems.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for a position as a Senior Manager. You will be responsible for a broad range of financial and economic analyses in consulting engagements in both litigation and non-litigation matters. Engagements may include quantification of financial damages, business valuations, and/or valuation of intangible assets and intellectual property. In this role, you may lead staff and assist directors in providing our attorney and corporate clients with discovery, financial & economic analysis, and expert testimony.
- Designing quantitative models and applying econometric analysis in support of client engagements
- Reviewing, summarizing, and analyzing industry trends
- Developing financial models and valuation analyses for businesses and assets
- Creating trial exhibits and presentation materials
- Summarizing analysis for internal memos and expert reports
- Overseeing staff during research, analysis, and summary of financial and other documents
- Participating in client meetings, interpreting, and explaining the underlying financial aspects of an engagement to enable counsel to adequately understand the relevant business issues
- Reviewing documents and depositions related to key dispute-related issues
- Assisting in the preparation of expert witnesses to testify at trial or other dispute resolution forum
- Analyzing and critiquing opposing party claims
- Participation in firm business development activities
This position requires a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in finance, accounting, economics, and/or consulting. The person in this role will have experience in quantitative and statistical analyses, be able to establish relationships with attorneys and clients and know how to structure business relationships. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- MBA or advanced degree
- CPA/CFA designation preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including financial, statistical, and econometric analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well as part of a team; effectively interact with internal engagement team, as well as attorneys and clients
- Coursework and/or experience in finance, economics, accounting, statistical analysis/econometrics, and computer programming are all desirable
- Proficiency working with programs such as SAS, STATA and SQL preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office