Great start up opportunity for someone seeking a safety manager role down the road. Great place to get your foot in the door with a growing foods company. Learn the basics.
150 employees. Foods plant but DOES NOT HAVE TO HAVE FOODS BACKGROUND! This person will be more on the machinery, etc. $65-$75. 75K is absolute tops. No direct reports. First shift job. Local only.
The purpose of the Safety Specialist is to provide a safe working environment, overseeing the wellbeing of all associates. The Safety Specialist also develops, implements, and audits safety programs as well as directing and overseeing the IH testing program, audiograms, and Government required processes. The Safety Specialist will make decisions as they pertain to enforcing, implementing, or translating Safety rules and policies. The Safety Specialist will make decisions that may affect production, i.e., the Safety Specialist can shut down production if there is a threat to the associates’ safety.
· Maintaining training records as needed
· Conducting new hire orientation training
· Networking with other WPM sites to share and implement best practices
· Planning and coordinating CPR, OSHA 10-Hour, and fire extinguisher training as needed
· Conducting Safety training presentations during pre-shift meetings monthly
· Driving the Safety Slogan contest annually
· Collecting, investigating, and managing Near Miss reports daily
· Assisting in completing New Equipment Release Form (N.E.R.F) as needed
· Creating Toolbox Talks and visual reminders, and posting them
· Preparing and presenting Company meeting slides quarterly
· Entering and receiving Purchase Orders (POs) for supplies and services related to EHS
· Creating and printing security access badges for new hires
· Maintaining the contractor binder as needed
· Training and leading the safety committee on all shifts
Education – Associate degree or equivalent experience required.
Minimum Qualifications – Two or more years of applicable experience.
Preferred Qualifications - BS/BA Degree in Environmental Health & Safety, or another related field; OSHA 30-Hour Certification; First Aid, CPR, AED certified.