Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees. This successful company is in the process of filling a 2nd Shift Plastic Injection Molding Process Engineer position. The successful candidate will have 3 to 8 years experience working as Injection Molding Process Engineer within a high paced unionized Tier I automotive or similar high paced manufacturing environment.
Key responsibilities include
- Verify correct set-up of molds, presses and auxiliary equipment before machine start up.
- Initiate machine process, make adjustments within process tolerance and recommend any changes for improved efficiencies.
- Continually monitor all processes related to injection molding to ensure equipment is running at optimal efficiency
- Participate in analyzing and work to resolve process, equipment and tool issues.
- Assist in the set-up and start-up of new tools, new equipment and resins for trial
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of other equipment as required. Including but not limited to crane operations, robotics, injection molding machines, conveyors, etc.
- Assist mold machine operators as required
- Responsible for regular and periodic monitoring of product for acceptable quality and the most current specifications.
- Work with limited supervision and maintain an atmosphere of cooperation among and between shifts and departments.
Desired Skills and Experience
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Associates Degree in a technical; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Course work relating to injection molding desired
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in injection molding, preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Must have experience processing plastics and setting tools
If you have been looking for an environment where people are valued, entrepreneurial spirit is boundless and opportunities for success are based on merit, and if you want to add value to your company, then working for our client may be the place for you.