The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing a team of supervisors and skilled personnel in the Stamping plant.
- Involved in all engineering activities related to the stamped parts, from vehicle design concept through to high volume production within the vehicle assembly plant.
- Manage and interact with employees, contractors, and subcontractors by developing scopes of work, managing projects, commissioning equipment, and defining processes for preventative maintenance, machine repair and new machine installation.
- Manages the Press Re-Commissioning for the startup of the Stamping operations.
- Manages all maintenance activities in the Stamping Operations.
- Plans for new projects and processes based upon information from engineering and management that affects Stamping. Contacts other workgroups within the company to obtain their services and support for determining the content and timing of these new processes.
- Plan and Leads early engineering and production trials to determine production issues and to assure ease of manufacturability.
- Development of Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) documents for new and modified processes, technology, quality, ergonomics.
- Oversees the development of Process Sheets and Standard operation documents.
- Implementation of a robust Quality system for panel quality to include Form & Limit diagrams, surface, and dimensional repeatability, and required documentation.
- Support the implementation of Hit to Hit teams
- Follow-up on action items, managing lessons learned, etc.
- Assists the production department with investigations and resolutions of chronic or severe in-plant quality problems.
- Administers shop floor management systems to ensure compliance to all safety guidelines.
- Management Accountabilities:
- Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
- 8+ years of experience within automotive manufacturing/machine maintenance – Stamping preferred
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to transform and create a strong team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of stamping and press operation
- Experience with Maintenance operations and Equipment functions
- Ability to coordinate and prepare schedules of activities using tracking matrices and drive through completion
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and create workable solutions with cross-functional organizations