Our client is a family of best-in-class packaging solution brands serving manufacturers of all sizes and geographies in the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household and industrial goods industries. Their brands operate across the entire packaging spectrum: filling and capping, flexibles, pharma, product handling, labeling and coding, and end of line. with manufacturing facilities and offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and Asia.
This position requires an individual to drive focus to projects, building upon Project Management procedures, while utilizing company standards to deliver projects on time, on budget and meeting all stakeholder expectations of quality and scope.
- Continuously improve processes, creating an environment of teamwork and creating a sense of urgency amongst all project team members.
- Lead Work Break Down efforts to create detailed schedules, capture and eliminate issues, and above all – manage communications
- Develop and adapt PMP principles to improve project execution.
- Communications: develop and use project updates, issue lists and any communication processes necessary for all projects.
- Establish & control budgets, eliminating budgeted net profit variance.
- Develop comprehensive Gantt charts and project portfolios to provide a dynamic view of resource availability.
- Generate system change orders
- Initiate or participate in negotiations for price, delivery and scope changes
- Develop relationships with the customer
- Define the true needs and expectations of the customer
- Host customer visits and system inspections
- Verify that system debug and runoff meet system requirements.
Cost Account Responsibilities:
- Complete a project review document for each completed project
- Analyze cost accounting data to determine future system improvements
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or university; and related experience and/or training. PMP Certification preferred; Engineering degree preferred; AutoCAD and mechanical design experience preferred.
- Must be able to travel 20% of the time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with ability to re-prioritize as required.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills is critical.
- Proficient with entire MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact well with customers, and to take a leadership position when traveling.
- Ability to manage projects within a defined budget and timeline.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concreted variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.