Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees. This successful company is in the process of filling a Quality Engineer position for their plant located in the Alma, MI area. The successful candidate will have 3 to 8 years experience working as Quality Engineer or similar within a high paced Tier I automotive environment.
· Main quality contact during the advanced quality planning process (APQP) on new and/or current programs. Responsible for establishment and maintenance of the control plan, analyze process capability data.
· Key person in obtaining production part approval (PPAP) on new and revised programs with our customers, as well as subcontractors to the Port Huron, MI facility.
· Provide quality-engineering solutions to quality related problems encountered in the manufacture and customer acceptance of headliners and headliner systems.
· Maintain a record of all customer related quality issues, and resolution timing is expedited.
· Work with subcontractors under their responsibility on establishing inspection and testing requirements, product certification, process capability, and subcontractor development.
· Work with internal engineering and manufacturing to establish inspection and testing requirements for programs under their responsibility. Analyze inspection data/charts to detect quality-related concerns and recommend corrective and/or preventative action.
· Implement statistical techniques and/or advanced problem-solving techniques as required to correct or prevent quality related issues.
· Review with quality manager product specifications and quality related issues as deemed necessary based on experience and product knowledge.
· Primary contact for customer and/or quality resident engineers on programs of their responsibility.
· Prepare periodic and special status reports and perform other related duties as required.
· Establish and assist in providing training to individuals associated with the inspection and testing of programs under their responsibility.
· Provide support and input to achieve established goals and objectives of the plant.
· Aid in the preparation of various quality reports, i.e., CP/CPK, Cost of Quality, PPM, IATF, Ford Q1, GM BIQS and performance metrics.
· Promote interplant relations and perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
· Key person in scheduling and tracking IATF, BIQS & ISO 14001:2015 internal audits, Ford Q1 corrective actions and training.
· Support the testing/certification of incoming materials/parts prior to use in plant processes.