Our client is a large World Class Tier I automotive supplier with over 20,000 employees. This successful company is in the process of filling a IT Analyst position for their plant located in the Alma, MI area. The successful candidate will have 3 to 8 years experience working as IT Analyst or similar within a high paced manufacturing or Tier I automotive environment.
Job Description: IT Analyst
- Works with Corporate IT to Set Up, Train and Support users in MS Office Applications, Ethernet and Wireless-based Networking.
- Understands and follows CLIENT- and Industry-accepted best practices for application, installation, set-up, training and ongoing support to users of PC-based hardware, networking and software applications.
- Understands the basic application, installation and support of wireless Bar Coding programs, including links to various to-be-developed data bases for capturing and using Bar Coded information.
- Works closely with Materials, Manufacturing, Quality, Continual Improvement, Safety, Human Resources, Maintenance and Finance to link various applications to all functions as necessary.
- Helps to set-up, train, support and continuously improve the understanding, use and application of new IT-based programs to improve both hourly and salary productivity.
- Trouble shoots existing PC-based applications and provides necessary fixes and retraining, if necessary, to get at root causes of problems. Documents PC applications with users for follow-up and support.
- Work with Production and Management on PC-Based Systems to help identify, measure, and track metrics on OEE, scrap, downtime, etc.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT requirements as well as ISPM Policies are adhered to.
- Keep track of software licenses for plant applications and procure the necessary licenses when necessary.
- Monitor the Help Desk Queue and take ownership of tickets assigned in a timely manner and work to resolve as quickly as possible.
- Technical knowledge of Information Technology (IT) subjects, including basic understanding of Personal Computer (PC) Hardware, MS Office Applications, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Experience of LAN Infrastructure, Virtual Servers, Microsoft Servers, Printers, Copiers, Phone & Voicemail Systems, and server backup software are preferred.
- Experience with Nysus, QAD and ILVS preferred
- Associate Degree or higher in an IT field is also preferred.
- Manufacturing Processing Skills:
- Ability to work with Shop Floor, Supervision and Engineering personnel on PC-based Information Technology needs to support existing or new processes.
- Ability to understand basic Manufacturing Process Flow concepts for First-In and First-Out (FIFO), Quality Control of Processes, Manufacturing Processes, Operations and Shop Floor Communications, and Just In Time Manufacturing processes.
- Ability to communication effectively with all level of Manufacturing Organization, including Hourly PC Users on the Shop Floor, supervisors, and management.
- Ability to recommend plant infrastructure upgrades and prioritize resources accordingly.
- Manage hardwired and wireless hardware on manufacturing floor, such as IDF cabinets, PC’s, Barcode printers, scanners, and other devices.
- Ability to coordinate upgrades and new installations with vendors as well as plant scheduling and manufacturing.
- Work closely with controls engineers and MES vendor to implement new solutions related to new devices and interfaces with plant MES system.
- Ability to support 24/5 manufacturing operations remotely.